Alamance County, NC- A paramedic lost his daughter in a fire at his own home near Elon.
The Altamahaw-Ossipee Fire Department responded to the house fire at about 9:45 a.m. Tuesday. It was the home of paramedic Eddie Thomas, who was one of the responders, Fire Chief Edward Lipscomb Jr. said.
On the way to the home, emergency personnel learned that one person was possibly trapped inside the home. Crews found Thomas’s daughter and took her out of the home.
Emergency personnel and Thomas worked to save his daughter’s life, but she later died at the hospital.
The Alamance County Fire Marshall Office and North Carolina Office of State Fire Marshall are investigating the fire.
“The A-O Fire Department is saddened by this tragic event,” the fire department said in a news release. “… Please keep the member of our department and his family in your thoughts and prayers in this difficult (time). A Go Fund Me has been setup for him and family to help with medical expenses, funeral expenses and property loss.”